For this post I’m sharing some basic steps for you to follow, to tackle the job of spring cleaning your wardrobe. See it as a how to declutter process, and everyone wants to do that, right?
We’re through the first day of spring, so what better time is there to do this!
Here you go:
- Take out all the clothes in your wardrobe – in sections e.g. tops. Follow the below steps, then move onto the next section.
- Put back those items that you LOVE
- Sort through the remainder and put the items you definitely dislike into a pile – ready to be donated or perhaps thrown away
- With the remainder of the pile, ask yourself these questions:
- Do I feel good when I wear this item? Does it make me feel confident?
- When last did I actually wear this item? Can I envisage myself wearing it again?
- Does this item fit me properly? Is it flattering on my body?
- Is this item comfortable, or do I want to take it off halfway through the day?
- If you answered NO to any of the above questions, it’s time to let go of them. If you still can’t do this, put them into a bag or box, out of the way. Then, if you haven’t thought about any of the items in the box for 6 months, it’s safe to say you can let go of them.
- Start with the next section of clothing e.g. pants and follow the same process
- Once you’re done, spend time organizing your wardrobe in ways that work for you!
I hope those steps help you, let me know if you get going with your wardrobe and how the process felt for you.
* one other tip, take a ‘maybe’ item and force yourself to wear it, then see how you feel that day when you have it on – if you’re not feeling good wearing it then you know that it’s ok to let it go!